order of array of frame forces results of a Group with API

marta1
Usuario Principiante
Usuario Principiante

I am creating a macro using VBA for excel which opens a several models in SAP2000v14 and obtains the results of a group of elements of each model and creats an excel comparative graph. I have a problem with the order of the array of the frame forces results.
The order of results obtained with the macro is not the same as the order of results which I obtain when directly opening the SAP2000 model and exporting the table of results. In this last case the results follow the order of the labels of the selected group.
I am working with GroupElm ItemTypeElm. Therefore, it is referring to "the line elements corresponding to all line objects included in the group" according to SAP2000 API Documentation. Although this explanation was not clear to me, according to the results I obtained, it means that it uses the numeration of the LineObjects (not the elements' one).
When I directly produce the table in SAP I understand I am using "SelectionElm", since I select my group and choose "Selection Only". But I view the tables of the frame forces for elements. However, in the API documentation it describes the numeration employed for SelectionElm as the same one as for GroupElm. I guess that in the API order which I am giving it might be producing the results for "Objects and Elements" instead of "Frame forces for elements" which I want.

My question is:
how can I obtain only the results of the Elements (not objects) in my group and with the Elements' numeration (not objects')?,
or, if this is not possible,
how can I change the numeration of the Objects so that they appear in the same order as the labels of the elements?

In conclusion, I want to obtain the forces in the frames contained in a group and to control and modify the order in which the array is given and I cannot find this information neither in the API Documentation nor in the •Help" of the SAP2000 software.

:SM030:

Thanking you in anticipation
Responder

Volver a “Sap2000 (English)”

• Información